2015年3月6日

Lolita Blog Carnival - Favorite Lolita Hairstyles

Finally, it's the month of march ! Spring is approaching, so hopefully, we can soon talk about more summery themes to try and forget this absolute freezing cold weather we've been living in for so long now. Sadly, the theme this week is not spring related. We're talking about hair !



First and foremost, I'll be focusing on gothic lolita matching styles here. As you might have noticed, it is my niche and favorite style, so obviously I would love to share with you looks that I think look great with the style ! 

I think nobody will be surprised if most of my pictures of nice hairstyles are of Mana 様 in his most stylish outfits from some past issues of the Gothic & Lolita Bible, along with some styles he wore during Malice Mizer, when he would wear more EGL stage outfits (Klaha era Malice Mizer).  Not my fault if he's been the flawless king/queen of EGL for the past 20 years... ! 



The first hairstyle I like to wear with gothic lolita, is the simplest of them all. The long, straight, square bangs, black sleek look. I always favor black hair with gothic lolita, but I also like the look of very pale blonde with it as well. My own hair is black with bangs, but when I have to go to bigger meetings, I like to wear my black wig with bangs because it stays in its style better and doesn't go all curly and disgusting on my forehead. Some girls don't have this problem, but my hair is fine and goes curly or very dull if it's a little humid, so a wig is the way to go ! This style goes with any style of headgear as well, so it's very versatile. 


Even though I have never been able to make this hair do with my hair or any kind of extensions or wig ever, it is my favorite style to go with gothic lolita. It's a twist of the over classical pigtails, and adds a very edgy touch to any outfit. It looks wonderful with oldschool rectangle style headdresses too, which I have recently found a new love for. I'll have to find a way to style my hair like this one day, because this is one of my favorite styles ever ! 


And lastly, my other favorite hairstyle is another variation of the classic pigtail look. The ringlet pigtails look. Mana has used the ringlet look a lot in the later years of Malice Mizer, and I always loved how it gives a youthful look, but still is a very gothic doll-like look. I also adore the look and feeling of the ringlets bouncing around when you walk <3 It's adorable. I love both the very tight ringlet and also the more fluffy undone ringlet type, depending on the look you want to achieve and the headpiece you are wearing. I think the very tight ringlets give off a more old-school look, and looser ones are more actual. 

Of course I like other styles, like a bob hair style, I think looks great with a big headdress. But these three are really the ones I do the most or find the most beautiful in general. I'm not into bonnets or other large hat style head gear, so I like these styles that can accommodate headdresses, headbows, or twin bows. Also, Mana has been a nice model for this type of hairstyle and inspired me a lot, I can't lie ~ 

You can check out other favorite lolita hairstyles from
other fellow bloggers ! 


What is your favorite hair style ? 

Dahlia 


1 件のコメント:

  1. Its very informative blog and useful article thank you for sharing with us , keep posting. Get more amazing information best hair thickening spray

    返信削除